Meet Dr. Shaw
Dr. Melauree Shaw is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years of experience working in the mental health profession. She has worked in both inpatient and outpatient hospitals, community mental health clinics, school settings and private practice. Dr. Shaw treats a wide variety of concerns including family dynamic and marital stressors, parenting concerns, child-parent conflicts, couples counseling, grief and loss, chronic medical conditions, foster care and adoption issues, anxiety, depression, mood disorders, learning disabilities, educational concerns, Attention-Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder, Oppositional Defiance Disorder, psychotic disorders, behavioral problems, and substance-abuse issues.
Dr. Shaw specializes in the treatment of children, adolescents, individuals, couples and families, and she completed extensive postdoctoral clinical training at Reiss-Davis Child Study Center in Los Angeles. Dr. Shaw's interests and experience include performing comprehensive psychological and psychoeducational evaluations. The assessments may be used to further identify Anxiety Disorders, Depression, Attention-Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Learning Disabilities, and other adult and childhood concerns.
Education & Training
- California State University, Northridge - Education/Training in School Psychology & Psychoeducational Assessments
- Pacifica Graduate Institute - Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
- Antioch University, Los Angeles - M.A. in Clinical Psychology
- Pre-doctoral Training - Western State Hospital, Tacoma, WA
- Postdoctoral Training - Reiss-Davis Child Study Center
- License No. and State: PSY27575 California
- Treatment Modalities: Psychodynamic Therapy, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Solution-Focused Treatment.
Sliding Scale: Yes
Accepts Most Insurance Plans: Yes